Tuesday 12 May 2015

Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients
1 cup of salted butter
3  teaspoons of vanilla
4 cups of icing sugar
4-5 tablespoons of  coffee cream (18% and up)

Trust me on this one and use salted butter. I haven’t come across a single buttercream icing recipe that uses salted, and I think that is what made the difference.  Salt and sweet are a match made in heaven. You want salt in this icing.

Whip that butter, with a paddle beater if you have it, if not, don’t worry.

Add in the icing sugar. 

Add in the cream. Not milk, cream. Perhaps this is another reason why it worked out so well.  So…to make my long story short…I used cream and it rocked. I used 4 tablespoons for my preference, you adjust to what you want. Stiffer icing = less cream. 
Whippier buttercream icing = more cream.

Vanilla…. I used 3 teaspoons, again, you can try a little more if you like.
Then whip it…whip it gooooood! 
Lordy, and try not to eat it all before it makes it to the cake. 
Good luck with that. 



2 comments :

  1. Food made in heaven. I would like a repeat next week Moiya when I am out at the lake. I know you can find time to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it. Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete