Saturday 12 November 2016

Curried Eggs

.... curried scrambled eggs ...
"from seriouseats"
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
4 eggs
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 hot pepper (Thai or Serrano)
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp shredded ginger root
1 T oil in frying pan


1. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened and beginning to caramelize.
2. Add ginger, garlic and chili powder and continue to stir.  Also add the chopped tomato as well and drive off some of the liquid.
3. Add 4 eggs and scramble until it is as you desire your eggs.

I found this recipe in an Indian Cook Book I have at the lake and Bonnie and I had it for breakfast a number of times in the past two weeks.  I went to type the recipe into the blog and didn't find time, but I am doing it tonight so that I can make this in Calgary.

Here is another recipe that is close:  Curried Scrambled Eggs  It add turmeric to the mix which should be lovely as well.

I have a tip for the ginger which you may already know.  Buy a large piece of the ginger, then shred it and put it in your freezer in a small plastic container.  Just take out as much as you need.  Or even a better tip, as Rebecca told me.  Just buy the bottle of ginger and garlic paste and have it in your fridge to use when you need it.

No comments :

Post a Comment