All-Natural Caramel Popcorn
submitted by Stacey Wood
Yummy popcorn, make sure there are lots of people around to help you eat it, otherwise you'll get fat!
2 bags of NATURAL microwave popcorn OR two batches of air popped popcorn. Don't add any butter or salt!
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup real butter
1. Pop the popcorn first, and try to scoop out any left over kernels that didn't pop.
2. Measure butter and syrup into a medium sized sauce pan, make sure it's big enough to contain at least double what you put in, it expands quite a bit while your cooking
3. Stirring continuously, bring to a gently boil over medium heat. Seriously, don't stop stirring!
4. The caramel is ready when it makes soft balls, about 280 degrees if you have a candy thermometer.
5. drizzle half of the sauce over half of the popcorn, add the rest of the popcorn and then the rest of the sauce. Mix well with a wooden spoon. If you want less caramel, make more popcorn, if you want more caramel, make less popcorn
6. Eat, enjoy, and post your opinion on the website!
Number Of Servings:4-8 people in one sitting