Fiesta Rice Medley in Sweet Bell Peppers
The BEST Ever!!!!!!!
Go ahead and try it.
I guarantee you'll love it
1 Tblsp. Olive Oil
1 Onion (chopped)
8 Rainbow Sweet Bell Peppers: (colored)
(2 chopped and 6 whole)
1 16oz. Corn kernels
11/4 c. Salsa
1 c. Chicken Broth
11/2 c. Rice (raw)
1/4 c. Cheese (shredded)
2 Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and chopped peppers. Cook until tender.
3. Add corn, 1 c. Salsa, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat.
4. slice 1/2 inch off tops of whole peppers and discard tops. Remove cores and seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pepper.
5. Add Cheddar to the pot and fluff with the rice. Spoon rice into peppers.
6. Mix 1/4 c, Salsa with 1/4 cup water; pour into a baking pan. Place stuffed peppers in the pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Number Of Servings: 6 servings submitted by Moiya Wood